Welcome to a fresh take on the MeriPodcast, where we’re taking a cozy dive into the tumultuous world of video games in 2024. Pull up a chair, grab a snack, and let’s unpack what’s been happening in this wild industry.
2024 has had a bit of a rocky start, even more so than how 2023 wrapped up. The buzz of game development is mingled with unease as we’ve seen more layoffs than we can comfortably count. Heavy hitters like Riot Games, Xbox, and Embracer Group have faced major restructurings, leaving the industry’s future with a lot of uncertainties. It’s such a significant topic that the MeriPodcast just had to address it, dedicating a fair chunk of the debate section to this concerning trend.
Switching gears to something a little more upbeat, let’s talk about a gaming event that’s stirred both excitement and frustration. “Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League” has kicked off its early access, but it’s a bit like a superhero who can’t quite fly yet. Rocksteady, the studio famed for the “Batman: Arkham” series, took a bold risk, but they’ve had to take the servers offline for a bit to fix some issues. The game’s official launch is around the corner, and everyone’s got their fingers crossed.
Now, for all you Dragon Ball fans out there, get ready to power up! The Dragon Ball Battle Hour event was set ablaze with all things Dragon Ball. A shiny new teaser trailer for “Dragon Ball Daima” graced screens alongside the much-awaited trailer for “Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero,” which is a fancy way of saying “Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 4.” And it doesn’t stop there. The latest “Kakarot” DLC has been unveiled too, set to cover the final arc of Z, where Goku meets the young Oob in the Grand Martial Arts Tournament.
The MeriPodcast 17×19 is an ensemble brought to life by Borja Ruete at the helm, with squadmates Pedro Herrero and Roberto Barragán at his side. They’ve put together a podcast session that’s as informative as it’s entertaining.
Let’s peek at what they’ve got lined up:
– Get settled with the podcast’s intro and warm welcome.
– By around 08:04, they delve into the early access hurdles of “Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.”
– Next, at 14:20, speculate on whether Nintendo Switch 2’s rumored 10 million units could dodge those pesky stock shortages.
– They hit you with the latest “Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero” and “Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot” news at 18:34.
– Hold onto your headsets for the intense debate at 26:02 about the sweeping layoffs shaking the very foundations of the gaming world.
But wait, there’s more! At 46:26, dive deeper with Meri+ as they discuss “Dragon Ball Daima” and its new trailer.
As they move towards the close, they spice things up:
– Open up the mic for listener interaction at 1:36.18.
– Chew over “Assassin’s Creed Codename RED” in November discussions at 1:23:40.
– Share their recommendation of the week at 1:25:40 before bidding farewell at 1:33:00.
The MeriPodcast is a buffet of gaming insights and debates, and new episodes are served hot every Wednesday. You can feast your ears on each installment on YouTube, Ivoox, Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcast, and Podium Podcast. Don’t be shy to toss in your two cents about the Microopen in the comments, or share your thoughts on Twitter at @MeriPodcast.
They’re very curious this week – they want your take on the games showcased at the State of Play. How are you feeling about the gaming industry’s challenges and changes?
Thanks for tuning in, and remember to stay engaged, because your voice matters in this ever-evolving gaming landscape.